Sermon by Ebenezer W. Appiah – Walk2Live.com
” Save me O God: for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters where the flood overflow me. I am weary of my crying my throat is dried, mine eyes fail while I wait for God. They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away. O God, thou knowest my foolishness and my sins are not hid from thee”. Psalm 69:1-5
There is a conflict between God’s core values and desires and man’s selfish and personal ambition or glorification.
This is an old aged truth in that is written of the last days ” men shall be lovers of their own selves, despisers and encourage evil, without natural affection, high minded, blasphemers, arrogant, unholy and lovers of the pleasures of the world more than God”.
Indeed, we are living in the perilous times which the Bible speaks about, and if only as true children of His light, we humble ourselves enough by accepting our weaknesses being mindful that we are not perfect and can easily derail from the righteous course of salvation. Only then shall we be dependent solely on His grace and power both in our trials, temptations and even during our success and never for once dare think, it is by our own efforts.
Truly and clearly Christians are sinking in deep mire where there is no standing. We are being bombarded by the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. So many gambling, soap operas, pornographic material, the sin of Sodom has more than increased.
Today, we have more Churches, pastors, prophets, evangelists, Bibles and more gospel materials with equally many more alcoholics, prostitutes, homosexuals, transvestites etc.
HOW DO WE ESCAPE THIS FLOOD?
1. Acknowledging Jesus Christ as our Messiah and Saviour and aspire to destroy the works of the devil. For he that denies Jesus as the Christ, the same is a liar and antichrist.
2. Love not the world, neither the things of this world. Fashionism, entertainment and the “bling bling” that leads to covetousness are all in conflicts against the values of God’s desire.
3. We should rather put our trust in God, so as not to be confused and follow the path of the unrighteous, wicked and cruel one.
4. Our mouth should be filled with His praise and honour daily and not with vain and senseless talk as most of us do.
5. Acknowledge we are poor and needy in this tempestuous times- only looking up to the mighty God.
6. Again acknowledge that God is the Almighty Creator and supreme judge and we are all His creation, so all our foolishness and transgressions are all before Him.
7. We should aspire to withdraw ourselves from any form of disorderliness and from all deceivableness of unrighteousness to escape being perished.
8. Be circumspect also that, REPENTANCE OF SINS and complete TRUST in the Lord Jesus Christ and absolute OBEDIENCE are the requisite VISA for salvation.
And finally, we should be separated from all the awful consequences of sin by putting on a breastplate of blameless, spotless, faultless and complete in Christ- if we are to be saved and delivered in the day of judgement.
Holy and righteous Father everlasting, teach thy sinful children to know how frail we are and spend the remnant of our days to thy praise and honour. In the mighty name of Christ Jesus, we ask. Amen.