A VESSEL OF HONOUR UNTO GOD
Devotional by Ebenezer W. Appiah – Walk2Live
” For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication; That every one of you should know to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God… For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness”. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5,7.
There is a saying that “Heaven helps those who help themselves”. The Holy Scripture again teaches us that God is a Holy and Righteous God and there are uncountable instances where the people of Israel consecrated themselves before meeting God Almighty. Yea though, we are all filthy and unrighteous before His Holy and Divine presence, yet with a contrite and repented hearts only can we aspire to be a true vessel unto God our Divine Creator.
Being a Vessel unto God requires;
1. Remaining unblemished and showing ourselves approved unto God Almighty.
2. Shun all deceivableness and unrighteousness. For these are the red lights of temptation.
3. Abide in the love of His truthfulness, that we might be saved.
4. Aspire to know and walk in the ways of God by obeying the gospel of Jesus Christ who is the only mediator between man and God the Father.
5. Aspire to be a candidate without any satanic identification number (SIN).
6. Aspire to overcome preliminary causes of ungodliness and unrighteousness and be migrated into the NEW MAN at the faculty of grace; so as to be shortlisted for the diploma of Salvation, Sanctification and honour of the Lord Almighty.
7. Have no fellowship with the lust of concupiscence, covetousness, lasciviousness, infatuation, lechery, sexual desire, amorousness, salaciousness, eroticism…The need to run away from any act of immorality (pornography, obscenity, masturbation sensualism, appetition or lustfulness).
And finally, put on the armour of God Almighty. Departing never from His ways. Change not His commandments. And in all things- actions, efforts towards a specific goal or activity. Let us pause and ask. Will it be pleasing unto God the Father, who has called us unto righteousness?
O Holy and Righteous Father of the Holy Heavens. Kindly teach us how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honour and make us worthy of your Divine Salvation. This is our humble request through Jesus Christ our mediator. Amen.